The beginnings go back to the year 1896
At that time, the producer Carl Müller noticed an increasing interest in quality products and accessories made of metal. He began, first out of his native house, with the production of cigar cutters. The powerful cutter sold well - in no time he became the status symbol of former dandies.
Müller was able to expand his factory quickly. He moved into new premises on the Ufergarten in the center of Solingen. While other companies rely on external contract workers, Müller relied on the craftsmanship of his own workers. The fine assortment of cigar cutters, manicure articles and the classic Solingen pocket knives was exclusively produced in his workshop. He accepted the smaller quantities - after all, he was able to deliver impeccable quality to the spoiled customers.
But that did not satisfy the visionary Müller. Spurred on by the success, Carl Müller and Paul Adolph Schmidt founded the company Müller & Schmidt Pfeilringwerk. Schmidt, who in addition to his experience abroad also brought the first marketing ideas into the young company, was the financial backer of the company. In August 1900, work began on Charlottenstraße with the construction of a large factory.
The two businessmen dreamed of being able to offer their Solingen quality products to customers worldwide. The special feature: In order to point out the exquisite quality, all products should now be provided with a concise trademark. That's why Müller and Schmidt had the symbolic logo - the ring with the dynamic five arrows - designed in the same year. Since then, the distinctive logo has accompanied the history of the company Pfeilring.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the company broke away from the supply chain and Pfeilring positioned itself as a genuine brand company. With the establishment of its own drop forge in 1910, the production grew to an effective level. Now all manufacturing steps could be carried out on the own factory area. Finally, new designs could be tried out and unusual models could be developed.
In 1913 and 1922, the company recorded significant growth spurts. By now, they had specialized in a wide range of instruments for nail care as well as scissors, cigar cutters, pocket knives and table tools. The characteristic signet let the self-confident company fathers hang over the factory building like a shining sun on the gable.
However, the onset of the economic crisis after the First World War stopped the upward trend. In 1932, the company founder Carl Müller died and Paul Schmidt took over the management alone for the coming years. The erupting Second World War caused considerable damage in the following. Whole areas of the extensive production plant were destroyed. Many sales markets were also lost through the war.
With the end of the war in 1945, the workforce immediately started rebuilding. Not only the damaged factory had to be rebuilt, also the name should find back to old radiance.
1956 occurred Wolfgang Schmidt, the son of the brand initiator Paul Schmidt and 1960 Dr. med. Eberhard Wendel, the grandson of founder Carl Müller, in the management. Both worked tirelessly on building new collections.
The brand Pfeilring developed under their leadership to the synonym for high-quality manicure and pedicure articles. During the years, the excellent steel products from Solingen were sold all over the world. This was the renewal of export markets. Tradition and progress, a skilled workforce and the power of quality are the dynamic process of the latest technologies to open up every market of the highest quality, guaranteeing the way to the future of the company.
In the following decades, both the production and the number of employees grew steadily. In the 1990s, Pfeilring is the world leader in the field of manicure articles. The production site on the Sudetenstraße shows to this day impressively how closely craft and technology are effectively interlinked in this company.
To this day, production continues to grow vigorously. In 2017, four new robotic systems went into operation. The company's own raw material production is also being expanded to be even more flexible. Tailored high-tech processes go hand in hand with manual manufacturing processes. This interplay still guarantees the consistently high quality of the sophisticated products and tools. The modern assortment ranges from high-quality instruments and cases to complex nail and foot care systems.
Since the end of 2018, Pfeilring belongs to Essen's InCase Handelsgesellschaft mbH. Under the leadership of this renowned trading company, which distributes beauty and cosmetic products to department stores and drugstores all over Europe, the Pfeilring brand will be strategically developed and further developed in the coming years.
In doing so, special emphasis is placed on the preservation of the production site in Solingen. The young collaboration is inspired by the presentation of the German Brand Award, at which the visionary manicure stand "WING" was awarded.